Lake Quivira began in 1922 as a vision and dream of one man, Charles Gault. His vision, 'A lake of the finest water in this part of Kansas'. Gault's dream became a reality with the completion of the physical features critical to the community then called Quivira; the Dam, the Clubhouse, Crescent Beach, and the Golf Course. By the 1950s, Quivira had evolved into a residential community with the golf course reserved for members only. In 1966, Quivira became a gated, private community. Then on July 12, 1971, by unanimous vote, the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners approved the incorporation of Lake Quivira as a third class city. Today, Lake Quivira has 394 households with residents enjoying an abundant of amenities, the lifestyle, and the camaraderie of a family oriented community.